SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, it is the process of enhancing the rankings, quality, and visibility of the website on search engines. It is basically bringing traffic to your website and secure top place in search engine results pages or so-called organic results.
It helps in bringing your website on top searches and improves position when you search it on Google, Bing or any search engine. It is the optimization that consists of writing, designing, and linking pages. Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing your fresh content and validating it so that your website can be easily crawled and positioned well on search engines. By doing this, good SEO will bring good traffic to your website.
For Instance, if you want to search on Google’s best novels on Space’, then Google will search and provide the top ten pages results with descriptions including keywords like space, novels, fictions, stellar books, books and so on. Hence, these top ten pages are the pages that Google has chosen to put them on top because of the apt selection of Keywords, fresh content and Good SEO.
Thus, it becomes necessary that we choose our keywords for our website meticulously and do the apt Search Engine Optimization. Good SEO evolves a good selection of keywords. This we can do by filtering some keywords and comparing with our competitor’s websites and maintaining track of keywords position. Keywords position of your website can be checked by using Google Console, one of the best tools which shows the overall performance of your website
Google Search Console is a web service by Google which allows webmasters to check indexing status and optimize visibility of their websites. Users can easily log in to google console Webmaster tool and add the home URL of his website and start using this amazing tool
WordPress & Yoast:
You can use platforms like WordPress where you can utilize yoast plug-in to improve your SEO. Besides, you can also use tools like Google trends, webmaster tools, keyword planner etc. to validate the content and keywords of the website.
Above all Wordpress is a open source Content Management System which is written in PHP and paired with My SQL and MariaDB database. It has so many features that we can write and improve our content by using various plugins.
Yoast is one of the popular Plugins of WordPress which helps in bettering your search engine optimization. It has so many distinctive attributes to help in improving the readability and SEO of the content.
Yoast will also aid in letting you enter good and healthy Meta Description and Title for your website page with a certain limit of words. Meta Description is nothing but a brief illustration of your website page including a few main targeted keywords.
Why is SEO important?
SEO is important so that you do not need to pay additional for social media, advertisements and other platforms to promote your website. It rather boosts your organic results, if it is performed correctly and precisely.
It is the process of optimizing the elements on your website itself.
Essential elements of On-Page SEO are listed below:
- Keywords: Surveying keywords is very important for good SEO. Keywords should be chosen wisely according to the content and then the analysis should be performed on a webmaster tool or keyword planner to check the number of impressions and volume. Keywords are necessary and one of the main elements of SEO. You can add focus keywords in your main Title Tag and Meta Description.
- Header tags: Header Tags are also one of the salient features of On-Page SEO. Header tags are an HTML element used to designate headings on your page. The main Header Tag is H1 Tag which is used for the page title. <h1> page title </h1>. You can use this header tag for the title of the page. It is always recommendable to use your focus keyphrase in this header tag to make it easy for Google to crawl and access to the content of your page.
- Meta descriptions: Meta Descriptions are also very essential for SEO. Meta descriptions are basically a brief illustration of your company and website. It should contain your focus keyphrases in such a way that Google can easily index and access to your website. It should be highly relevant to the content and contain at least 160 characters.
- Title tags: Title Tags are unique and exclusive. It best describes the title of your page and hence seen on organic results when it is being searched. Title Tags play a big role in Seo. The more sounding title tags with the best keyphrases you have, the more clicks you will get.
- Internal links: Internal Linking are important when you link pages to each other to let google crawlers know about the availability of all your site pages. This will also help visitors to navigate your site eventually.
For instance, if my website is an eCommerce website and my one page is on about ‘food’, that particular page can contain at least 2 Links to let users travel to another page of your website where the ‘ features and other products have been described’.
- Alt Attributes: Images with Alt Attributes give big throttle to SEO. Alt Attributes should contain the relevant focus keyword to let google access it easily and quickly. It helps in describing images to people when images don’t load properly or the user is visually weakened.
- Robot txt: The robots.txt file is part of the robots exclusion protocol (REP), a group of web standards that regulate how robots crawl the web, access and index content, and serve that content up to users.
- Videos and images: Videos and images are apt choices for enhancing SEO and bringing up more traffic. Images with PNG. or JPEG. the format is highly recommendable.
- Anchor text: Anchor Texts are the phrase or the keywords which you have used while linking. These keywords should be chosen wisely. Anchor Texts tell google about the content of the destination page. Anchor Text should be simple and sound natural without any keyword stuffing.
- Redirection: It is always better to redirect the old URL or pages to their new location once the old URLs are dead. Always avoid long redirection chains.
- Featured Snippet: Adding Schema markup to your HTML improves the way your page displays in SERPs by enhancing the rich snippets that are displayed beneath the page title.
- protocols : HTTP:/https: Google always advocates protocols that are secure and have SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Certificate to avoid unsafe sites. In https, S stands for secure. These protocols are used to encrypt data.
- Page Speed: Page speed is the page loading time that displays the content of the page. Page speed should be less for avoiding the high bounce rate of visitors.
- URL length: URLs should not be lengthy and they should be easy to copy and paste. Most importantly, it is always good to add your focus keywords to your URL.
for example https://bytesflow.com/products-app
The second URL is not correct as it has too many words and has unnecessary subfolders.
“Content is King”– from an essay, Microsoft founder Bill Gates wrote in 1996. Content is very crucial and should be meticulously written for the websites. It should be fresh and the latest. Because Google ranks the sites as per the good contents and material contained by the site.
Always Avoid Keyword stuffing to prevent your site degrading by Google. This is one of the issues that most sites confront.
We can use a number of tools for the best search engine optimization. Out of them, WordPress and plugin Yoast has been discussed above. MOZ Tool is also an SEO tool and has various features for boosting the site SEO.
It is a software used for on-site and off-site SEO. Moz has features like page optimization where you can optimize your site page with specific keywords, link researcher- where you can find all the follow and no-follow links for sites, link intersect- where you can compare all the link pages of more than two competitors and so on.
Moz basically shows the overall performance of your site with all the crawler warnings, search visibility, and critical issues that need to be rectified.
In the above given Moz Screenshot, it is displaying the overall performance of one website. Likewise, you can optimize your keywords with the help of such available tools.
You can add the URL of any target site and analyze the overall performance and characteristics of the site including DA, Linking domains, inbound links, and top Ranking Keywords.
off -page SEO is the action taken outside the website to improve the rankings of your site. Off-Page SEO is very important as ON-page SEO. Off-Page SEO helps in boosting the popularity of your site in various ways.
- Do-follow, no-follow links
- Social media Platforms
Off-page optimization is done to promote and advertise the website by various means. It involves social media networking (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc), backlinks which are taken by the sites with high DA/PA.
- DA: DA stands for Domain Authority. A Domain Authority score ranges from one to 100, with higher scores corresponding to a greater ability to rank. Domain Authority is calculated by evaluating multiple factors, including linking root domains and the number of total links. This score can then be used when comparing websites or tracking the “ranking strength” of a website over time. It helps in identifying the ability of your site.
- PA: PA stands for page authority. PA predicts how well a specific page will rank on search engine result pages (SERP). Page Authority scores range from one to 100, with higher scores corresponding to a greater ability to rank.
It’s always important to get backlinks from the less spammy sites that have high good DA and PA.
There are few methods to get backlinks from other sources which are mentioned as below:
How to get backlinks easily?
Here we have a few methods described as follow:
- Blog Posting
- Writing Articles
- Profile building.
- Posting comments
Backlinks should always :
- come from authoritative pages.
- should come from the proper combination of follow and no-follow links
- High-Quality Backlinks
- qualified traffic to the site.
- Links from relevant sources
- increase with time
social media platforms where today more than half of the population is active can be used to promote the site. You can use any social media platform for this purpose.
Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and so on can be utilized to advertise your products or services. By this means people can easily update themselves and get a chance to avail of your services.
No follow/ Follow links: These links can be used to get the high volume of inbound links for the site. No-Follow links are those links where you do not want the crawler to access that given link and follow links are the links where you are letting google crawl to the given link.
All these features included on-page and off-page SEO, embellish the presence of your website and help in improving the Google ranking which ultimately brings your website on top searches and persuades great traffic.
Bytesflow Technologies is the leading SEO company in Chennai following the precise and top-notch web solutions and services in Chennai, India. We are always available 24/7 to assist you in sorting out your queries on any SEO topic and services and always coming up with the best services and designing methods for your significant website.
Also, check our eCommerce website design company profile and strategies to build a user-friendly eCommerce website for your business.