Planning is very important before execution.It would really help us if we plan before taking search engine optimization project for your website.There are some important steps to keep in mind before optimizing your website that will make sure your SEO is successful.
Answer the following question if you work for client:
1) Motivation behind optimizing the website.Is it generating more sales, more traffic, more publicity etc etc.
2) What is the budget and time frame for completion of the project?
3) Who is responsible and who will work with you on this project?
After getting answers for the above questions establish limitations for the size and scope of the campaign.
Requirement for SEO project or optimizing website
1) What technology was used to build the site?
2) What are the file extensions of the pages?
3) Is it a dynamic website?
4) Are there at least 250 words of text on the home page and other pages for optimization?
5) How does the navigation work? Does it use text links or graphical links or JavaScrípt drop-down menus?
6) Approximately how many pages does the site contain? How many of these will be optimized?
7) Does the site have a site map or will it require one? Does the site have an XML sitemap submitted to Google Sitemaps ?
8) What is the current link popularity of the site?
9) What is the approximate Google PageRank of the site? Would it benefit from link building?
10) Do I have the ability to edit the source code directly? Or will I need to hand-over the optimized code to programmers for integration?
11) Do I have permission to alter the visible content of the site?
12) What are the products/services that the site promotes? (e.g. widgets, mobile phones, hire cars etc.)
13) What are the site’s geographical target markets? Are they global? Country specific? State specific? Town specific?
14) What are the site’s demographic target markets? (e.g. young urban females, working mothers, single parents etc.)
15) What are 20 search keywords or phrases that I think my/my client’s target markets will use to find the site in the search engines?
16) Who are my/my client’s major competitors online? What are their URLs? What keywords are they targeting?
17) Who are the stake-holders of this site? How will I report to them?
18) Do I have access to site traffíc logs or statistics to enable me to track visitor activity during the campaign? Specifically, what visitor activity will I be tracking?
19) How do I plan on tracking my or my client’s conversion trends and increased rankings in the search engines?
20) What are my/my client’s expectations for the optimization project? Are they realistic?